Support a charity, aid the rehabilitation of prisoners, enjoy a three-course meal made by prisoners in training and take home a tea towel too with this unique Three Course Meal and Mocktail for Two at The Clink Restaurant.
There are four Clink restaurants run by The Clink Charity, each placed within the grounds or adjacent to a prison that supplies the trainee chefs. HM Prisons Brixton, Cardiff, High Down and Styal all have a Clink Restaurant. Whichever you choose you’re guaranteed a dining experience that’s as unique as it is delicious, where you can see into the open-plan kitchens and watch the food being prepared.
It’s all made and served by prisoners who are working towards their NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery and/ or Food & Beverage service. Since the project began over 800 prisoners have graduated from the programme and it’s won 60 awards so far. With those kinds of credentials you’re in for a treat when you are served your course selections, with the likes of crab ravioli, guinea fowl, pan-fried sea trout and raspberry mille-feuille all on the seasonal menu. Once you’ve filled up on fine cuisine, take home a Clink charity tea towel as a memento of your memorable visit.
• A unique three-course lunch for two prepared and served by prisoner trainees
• Choose from four restaurants set within the grounds or adjacent to four UK prisons:
HMP Brixton, London
HMP High Down, Sutton, Surrey
HMP Styal, Wilmslow, Cheshire
HMP Cardiff, Wales
• Enjoy a fruity mocktail each with your meal
• Take home a Clink Charity tea towel as a memento of your meal
• Experience gift pack
Booking information The experience is available on selected days depending on the venue:
High Down; Monday to Friday - 12.00 to 15.00
Brixton: Monday to Friday and Sunday - 12.00 to 15.00
Cardiff: Seven days a week - 12.00 to 15.00
Styal: Monday to Friday - 12.00 to 14.00 and Sunday 12.00 to 14.30 Saturdays from 9 September 2017
All visitors must book at least 72 hours prior to arrival. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 2 hours to enjoy your meal.
On arrival at your chosen Clink Restaurant, please present your voucher.
Minimum age: 18
You may be required to present photo ID
If your name is not on the reservations list or you do not have the required ID (HMP Brixton and HMP Highdown) entry to the prison will be declined.
As part of your visit you may be required to use a biometric system which includes your fingerprints and photograph being taken.
You may also be subject to a routine search – this would be similar to what you might expect in an airport.
Guests are permitted to bring in one handbag or briefcase per person only. No other bags or cases will be allowed and there is no capacity at the prison to store such items.
Drugs are prohibited at all times, excluding prescription medicine which has your name on.
The Clink Restaurants are not licensed to serve alcohol in any of its restaurants as it is banned on prison premises.
The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
Additional information For The Clink HMP Brixton and HMP High Down, please note:
• Each visitor is permitted to bring a maximum of £50 cash into the prison.
• Mobile phones and SIM cards are not allowed in the prison at any time. If you do have a mobile phone you may leave it in a locker in The Clink Restaurants reception area, however please note that locker numbers are limited.
• Cameras are not allowed in the prison unless authorised by the Governor and considered by the media liaison officer.
• No laptops or IT equipment are allowed in the prison unless authorised by the Governor.
• Scissors, knives and sharp objects are not allowed in the prison under any circumstances.
• Chewing gum and aerosols are not allowed in the prison.
• Your photo ID will be checked and taken from you in return for a prison pass. Please note that your fingerprints and photograph may also be taken as part of this process.
• You will be escorted to the main gate by a member of The Clink Restaurants reception team. The route from the reception area to the restaurant is outside so please bring appropriate clothing and umbrellas if required.
• There is no parking available at HMP Brixton– if you are a blue badge holder and require disabled parking please request a space when making your booking.
• Please arrive at the security reception 15 minutes before your reservation time as the restaurants get very busy and it may take some time to issue your passes.
• The Clink Restaurant is unable to grant access to HMP Brixton and HMP High Down after 13.30 on the lunch time sitting so if a member of your party is delayed for any reason they may be declined entry.
• We would respectfully ask that you and your party read the Rules & Security Procedures above before you arrive at the prison.
Please note: Voucher validity may vary with each experience. Please check the expiration date on your voucher or refer to the Virgin Experience Days website for more information.
Your Virgin Experience Days voucher will be delivered to you in a gift pack alongside the rest of your Prezola delivery.