Prezola Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other document referred to in our policy section on our website http://www.prezola.com) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, as a gift list holder, purchaser, website user or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting http://www.prezola.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Prezola Limited of Prezola House, Woodlands Industrial Estate, Eden Vale Road, Westbury, Wiltshire, BA13 3QS.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.prezola.com (“Our Site”) or by corresponding with us by email. This includes information you provide as a gift list holder, purchaser or user of Our Site:
1. when you register to use Our Site (you may, however, visit Our Site anonymously);
2. subscribe to our newsletter;
3. fill out a form on Our Site;
4. report a problem with Our Site; and
5. other activities which can be carried out on Our Site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); information you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide, such as www.gettingmarried.co.uk. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
1. Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of Our Site or make use of e-billing services.
2. Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way Our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
4. Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to Our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make Our Site more relevant to your interests.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
1. to carry out our obligations arising from your decision to use Our Site and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us, including processing transactions. (Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested);
2. to provide you with information about other services we offer that will compliment your use of Our Site;
3. to provide you, or permit relevant selected third parties to provide you, with information about services or products we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about similar services or products. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
4. to notify you about changes to our service or our terms and conditions; and
5. to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
1. to administer Our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
2. to improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
3. to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our Site, when you choose to do so;
4. as part of our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure;
5. to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
6. to actively deal with and effectively respond to your customer service requests and to support your needs so we can continue to improve our customer service.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Our Email Newsletters
From time to time we will send you some special offers and promotions by email. If you do not want to receive offers and promotions you can choose to opt out. It can take up to 21 days to be fully removed from our mailing list so please bear with us if you receive one or two more newsletters after you have unsubscribed.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected relevant third parties including:
1. Business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other service providers (such as mapping and location services), if required for the performance of the services we provide to you or a product requested by you.
2. Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If Prezola Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
3. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or other policies at www.prezola.com and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Prezola Limited, our customers, or others.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Prezola Townhouse, 7A Northumberland Buildings, Queen Square, Bath, BA1 2JB or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.